Technology represented in simplicity! The KAP-Steel-Wave is made from metal composites with geometric precision. The wave, when combined with stainless steel form sticks, is capable of absorbing high extraction forces, bridging shear forces and ensuring gap interconnection. This ensures very high resistance to concreting pressure. The technical and cost saving potential of the KAP-Steel-Wave is recognised by specialists immediately. It is available for wall thicknesses of 18 cm up to 70 cm in each size. Double wall applications are therefore varied, feasible also in the less commonplace, such as hydraulic engineering, strip foundations or even avalanche barriers.
The essential difference:
In standard double wall systems, the lattice girder is positioned on the reinforcement layer and is required to have at least the necessary concrete covering. This implies that different concrete coverings also require different lattice girder types with different heights. The KAP-Steel-Wave can be installed independently of the concrete cover because it does not depend on the reinforcement position. In order to be able to withstand the necessary forces when concreting the wall, a concrete cover on the inside of a minimum of 17 mm is mandatory. However, because the stainless steel form sticks on the KAP-Steel-Wave are integrated throughout the entire shell thickness, a shell thickness of only 5.5 cm as required, regardless of the concrete covering, offering the benefit of being able to withstand higher forces when concreting the wall. This not only reduces the weight of the double walls by up to 25%, concreting can also be completed more quickly on the construction site. Wall blowouts are a thing of the past!
• Delivery on Euro pallets easily unloaded with a forklift
• Space-saving storage and shortened installation procedure
• No treatment of the KAP-Steel-Wave required before installation
• Faster and easier installation of the KAP-Steel-Wave before or after concreting
• Precise wall thicknesses thanks to stick design
• Shell width can be reduced to 5 cm, regardless of the concrete covering
• Each wall thickness only requires one wave height
• Installation fitting become significantly easier because access between the shells is possible at all times
• High extraction values mean wall blow outs in the vicinity of the KAP-Steel-Wave are virtually impossible
For the construction site:
• Wall dimensional stability
• Reduced weight thanks to adapted shell thicknesses, at best lower crane costs during assembly
• Approx. 80% higher concrete speed compared to standard lattice girder systems, with the option of increasing these further
• Simplified assembly because the starter bars can penetrate the waves
• Lateral offsets option for installations in the walls
• Patented Kappema system allows for reinforcement to bridge big gaps at the joints (earthquake protection)
KAP-Steel-Waves are approved for use in double walls with wall thicknesses of 16 cm to 100 cm by OIB for Europe.
Approval number ETA-15/0224 of 02.07.2015
Protecting the environmental:
KAP-Steel-Wave production requires considerably less steel compared to standard systems with lattice girders, considerably reducing CO2 consumption. Savings of approx. 40% can be achieved.
Download comparison calculation
Green fields can be customise